I know a lot of you want to be kept abreast of my Honolulu adventures, so I decided blogging/posting pics would be the way to go. Here is a brief summary of my adventures so far.
1. Travelocity is awesome. I got my ticket here for about $200. Great deal. However, it totally sent me on a craaaaaazy maze of stops and airports. I was in 6 airports and 3 states in a span of 24 hours, and even had my first experience sleeping in an airport (never again).
2. I arrived in Honolulu to find that one of my bags made it, the other didn't. Luckily, the bag had just been delayed and the nice lady at the Delta counter told me they would deliver it on the next flight, and even bring it to me at my new place! Sweet! What she failed to mention was that TSA had opened my bag, unscrewed the top of my shampoo, and somehow forgotten to even put the shampoo top even in my bag, and thus I got a nice mess of shampoo and clothes delivered to me at 2:30 am. Sweet! guess TSA doesn't like it when you vacuum pack your clothes.
3. I live 3 blocks from the beach! My clinical instructor is a really cool guy, he showed me around town on my first day, took me out to lunch, and had been in contact with me before about housing and where I should live. He has a good eye for location, because this place is SUPER close to downtown and the beach, so I'll mostly be hoofing it around here.
4. Hawaii has its own time zone, I guess you get to do whatever you want when people refer to you as "paradise", right? I am 4 hours behind my central time zone people, and 3 hours behind my parents in El Paso. This makes for one sleepy girl. I tried to set myself up in El Paso, staying up until 2 am, and sleeping in until 10 am. (tough life, right?) Apparently my body hated that, because now I'm sleepy at around 7 pm Hawaii time, and I wake up at like 6 am. Hopefully this jet lag crap goes away soon.
This is the University of Wisconsin Swim team, who is staying on my street and who I ran into on my way to the beach, which is where they were going too. Apparently they have real tough meets, like in Honolulu. All I'm saying is, where was this about 6 years ago Caroline? :
More pics to come, stay tuned for more of my adventures. Trust me, they're gonna be good.
You know you love me,
XOXO
Woohoo! I would love to be kept abreast through blogstalking.
ReplyDelete