Here are a few images from the week.
Yup, if you look behind the car, you can see I found my first Starbucks. I was SO excited because as we all know, I am NOT a morning person. Apparently it's the only thing on the island that doesn't cost twice what it does on the mainland. This might become my new staple food. Also, once I found this one, it's like they started popping up everywhere. Not as rare as I once thought.
That's right, this sexy man machine is what I'm driving for the next 3 months. Love it. I'm gonna have to fight off the gentleman callers with this baby.
This pic was too good to pass up. I watched a 4 year old boy pull all the baby supplies out of the back of their stroller, pile them all into the front where he would be sitting when they left, and fill, yes, FILL the back pouch with pieces of wood he found on the beach. It took him about a half hour to do it all, and he never stopped until the pouch was full and he was done. The look on his mom's face when they were getting ready to leave was PRICELESS. I definitely had to pretend cough to hide my laughter. Does this make me a bad person? Probably. Oh well.
Yep, that's what you think it is! Hula dancers! I met up with a friend of a friend from my class (KH) and she took me to the international marketplace where we grabbed some dinner. Turns out she just moved here from Connecticut. Even better, turns out there are live performances at the marketplace on Thursday nights...for free! :) We watched in awe, and tried to figure out how on Earth they move like that. My theory was that all the butt frillies do most of the work, but seriously, even with those I highly doubt I can move like that. Ever.
I am definitely adding hula lessons to my Hawaii bucket list.In other news, I have taken up running alongside/on the beach. Well, ok, I ran on the beach my first day and almost died after about 1 mile. The next day, my calves screamed in protest every time I took a step. I have since been running on the boardwalk alongside the beach, which has NOT made my calves better AND now my hamstrings are sore too. This is awesome when you spend all day chasing little kids around. I feel old.
Ok that's all for this week, this weekend promises to be fun, and I'll post more pics along with my finalized bucket list next week, yay!
You know you love me,
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment