Ok so this post isn't "technically" coming from Hawaii, but I'm back on the mainland...and severely jet-lagged. Not joking. It's awesome.
My last few pics from Hawaii are of, duh, beaches. I had to make my last days count, and I decided the best way was with water and sand! I visited 2 new beaches and loved both of them.
The first new beach is apparently a favorite of Mr. Barack Obama himself, and he has been sighted there when he visits his home state. It's called Sandy Beach (really? so creative) and I visited it on a holiday, so it was definitely crawling with locals (read: high schoolers).
The last Sunday of my Hawaii visit, I decided to visit one last beach that had been recommended to me. I had been to Kailua for work because we have a sister clinic there, but supposedly the beach here was gorgeous. I decided to check it out.
I mean, seriously, what even shade of blue is this!?!?! I wished I could take my camera in the water just to see how far in I could take it and still see my feet. It was THAT clear.
And no, the blueness just doesn't end. The water itself was actually kind of choppy and the current strong, so I got sucked out pretty far and I witnessed many a wipeout while people were trying to stand up paddle board.
Things I Learned In Hawaii:
1. There are endless varieties of ice cream, and endless things you can do with them. And I love them all.
2. Hawaiians have even more cousins than I do! (Everyone is "cousin" according to the locals)
3. It's super cute when little kids call you "auntie" even though they met you 5 minutes ago. (Hawaiian kids are taught to call everyone Auntie and Uncle, except direct parents and siblings, of course)
4. Kalanianaole is still my favorite word.
5. Hawaii is the only state who has ever had kings or queens.
6. Highways in Texas don't look like this:
..or this.
7. It is completely possible to be soaked in a torrential downpour one minute and for it to be sunny 15 minutes later.
8. People who leave the beach when it starts to rain are laughed at by everyone else. Suck it up, you're already wet.
9. Ramen is considered a perfectly acceptable meal, and you can in fact charge people $5-$7 to eat it.
10. People assume you're rich if you talk about your backyard. They don't exist here.
11. Everything costs twice as much here, except milk. Milk is 3 times as much. Apparently they forgot to bring cows to paradise.
12. NEVER ask for brown rice or no rice. You will be met with mean or confused looks.
13. A 15 seed can in fact beat a 2 seed...and it can happen twice in one day.
14. Spam is also considered delicious. (not by me)
15. My favorite traffic signs say "No right turn on red except from Right lane after stop". How am I supposed to read that before I get there!?!?
I'm ALL PAU! (look it up)
You Know You Love Me,
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment